Nomination Conditions & Judging Criteria
The Abdul Hameed Shoman Arab Researchers Award Nomination Terms and Conditions:
- The Nominee shall be alive, and of an Arab nationality or origins, regardless of their place of residence.
- The Nominee shall have submitted a scientific output of a scientific and social value during the last five years (2013-2017) in an Arab country.
- The Nominee shall submit a written nomination request by the entity in which they work, using the specific form, set forth in the Form Filling Instructions.
- The Nominee shall send an abstract of the scientific output presented in Arabic.
- A winner of Abdul Hameed Shoman Arab Researchers Award may not apply again for the same award.
- Research shall only be accepted in Arabic or English.
- MA and Ph.D. theses shall not be included in the Nominee’s scientific output assessment.
- The Nomination Form shall be submitted in one of the specializations listed in the Award’s declared fields only. This shall, therefore, be determined in the Nomination Form.
- The scientific output and all required documents shall be sent at once. Hence, any material sent thereafter shall not be taken into account. The Nominee's scientific output shall not be returned thereto whether they win or not..
- It is necessary that the Nominee mention the citations of each published article, including those submitted to the Award, along with the impact factor and name of publisher.
- The Scientific Committee and jury members shall not be entitled to be nominated for the Award.
- Applications, that do not comply with the Award Terms and Conditions and are submitted after the Nomination deadline, shall not be taken into account.
- The Award’s Scientific Committee shall have the right to withdraw the Award from a winner if any of the following was proved:
- Violation of any of the Award Terms and Conditions, as stated in the Call for Nomination
- Violation of the ethics of the scientific research, with respect to the output submitted.
- Any other violation identified by the Scientific Committee.
Key Judging Criteria:
Nominee Excellence-Related Criteria
- Participation in research events (such as conferences, seminars, workshops, etc.), held inside and outside the university.
- Contribution to community service through various activities.
- Ability to build internal and external partnerships, and to attract financial and technical support for scientific research.
- Supervision of undergraduate and graduate students.
Scientific Output Excellence-Related Criteria
- Number of researches published in scientific journals, as a principal researcher or co-researcher.
- Impact Factor.
- Research Citations.
- Research originality and scientific value.
- Research ability to align with practical application, and impact on economic, social and environmental development in the Arab world.
- Research contribution to the global scientific world in relevant field/subject of interest.
- Research alignment with global research and scientific trends.
- Receipt of other awards in the scientific research field.
- Number of patents registered, if any.