- Is it possible to apply for a subject unmentioned in the call for the nomination for The Abdul Hameed Shoman Arab Researchers Award?
No. One of the provided subjects must only be selected and adhered to.
- Is it permissible to apply for more than just one of The Abdul Hameed Shoman Arab Researchers Award subjects?
No. It is only permissible to apply for just one subject to be selected by the Applicant.
- Are The Abdul Hameed Shoman Arab Researchers Award subjects fixed?
The Abdul Hameed Shoman Arab Researchers Award fields are fixed; whereas, subjects are changed during each edition thereof. In this respect, two subjects are selected in each of the Award fields.
- Must the Applicant be a holder of a specific scientific degree?
The Applicant is not required to hold a specific scientific degree.
- Has the age requirement been really eliminated?
- Could unpublished research be submitted?
No. Research submitted must be published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Could MA and Ph.D. thesis be submitted?
MA and Ph.D. theses may not be submitted.
- Could the scientific output of more than five years be submitted?
The scientific output to be submitted is that produced during the 2015-2019 period, regardless of the number of researches carried out.
- Is it required to indicate the impact factor and citations, given the fact that Arab journals do not have these data?
This is required for research for which relevant information could be identified.
- In the event of any problem occurring while filling in the Candidacy Form, what would the solution be?
In this respect, kindly make sure to download the Form onto the device, prior to filling and saving it.
- Could an individual, of an Arab nationality or Arab origins working in a non-Arab country, apply for The Abdul Hameed Shoman Arab Researchers Award?
Yes, one could apply for The Abdul Hameed Shoman Arab Researchers Award as long as the submitted output has been fully accomplished and achieved in an Arab country.
- Is it permissible for The Abdul Hameed Shoman Arab Researchers Award winner to apply again?
It is not permissible for The Abdul Hameed Shoman Arab Researchers Award winner to apply again.
- Is the written candidacy required to be submitted by the entity in which the Applicant works?
Yes. Nomination must be made through the entity in which the Applicant currently works.
- Could one suggest new subject(s) for The Abdul Hameed Shoman Arab Researchers Award?
We welcome all your suggestions! In this respect, they will be presented to The Abdul Hameed Shoman Arab Researchers Award Scientific committee, so as to take the appropriate decision with respect to their submission during subsequent editions.
- Shall the jury only take the criteria, referred to in The Abdul Hameed Shoman Arab Researchers Award Nomination Form, into account?
These criteria are among the most important ones, but not all of them. In this respect, the jury shall agree on each subject’s evaluation framework and criteria.